Offshore Wind Ireland & the Netherlands 14-18 June 2021
Discover opportunities in the Irish and Dutch offshore wind sector!
With a government goal of 5 GW operational offshore wind in 2030, 16 GW of offshore projects at some stage of development off the coast of Ireland and a potential for approximately 30 GW up to 2050, Ireland aims to become a substantial offshore wind player.
Are you interested to enter the Irish offshore wind market or would you like to expand/deepen your network? Consider joining this virtual mission focusing on the current and future developments in the Irish and Dutch offshore wind sector!
Thanks to an ambitious program of the Irish government and despite the COVID-19 pandemic, offshore wind developments in Ireland are taking off. Irish companies are currently looking for partners and suppliers for upcoming projects and future developments, which means there are plenty of business opportunities for Dutch companies.
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Dublin, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) and Holland Home of Wind Energy (HHWE) will organize a series of events to provide the Dutch sector with knowledge and connections to navigate the Irish market and visa versa.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions the program will entirely take place online and will consist of:
- Webinars (topics, among others: offshore wind developments in Ireland and the Netherlands, bottom-fixed offshore wind, floating wind, and port development);
- 1-on-1 digital matchmaking from 14 to 18 June;
A more detailed program will be published soon and is developed in close coordination with our Irish partners Enterprise Ireland (EI), the Irish Maritime Development Office (IMDO) and Wind Energy Ireland (WEI).
Objectives of the program are:
1. To facilitate an exchange about the current state of affairs in Ireland and the Netherlands on offshore wind;
2. Strengthen the relationships on both public and private level, between Ireland and the Netherlands, in offshore wind;
3. Encourage business and collaboration meetings between Irish and Dutch companies and stakeholders; and
4. Identify trade and investment opportunities (and barriers) for Dutch companies within the Irish offshore wind sector and for Irish companies within the Dutch offshore wind sector.
About participation & registration
You can register yourself here. The deadline is June 11, 2021. Participation costs for Dutch participants: €250 per company (max. 2 persons). Every additional participant within a company can participate against a rate of €125,00 per person.